As of yesterday a new version of popular Google Universal Analytics plugin for WordPress is available. The latest version is 2.4.1 which includes a couple of bug fixes.
Google Universal Analytics plugin features:
- Truly universal. It supports both, Universal Analytics and Classic Analytics tracking codes. That is extremely useful while migrating from the older version of Google Analytics (ga.js) to the new standard – Google Universal Analytics (analytics.js). In addition to these standard trackers, there is a possibility to add a customized tracking code as well.
- Event tracking. With this feature you can track downloads, clicks on external URLs and even user intentions. All user attempts to e-mail or call you will be tracked by this plugin as well.
- Remarketing. It enables Google AdWords remarketing, Display advertising, Demographics and Interests reports. It may come in handy while trying to get to know your website visitors better. Or run a remarketing campaign (targeting people who previously visited your website).
- Data security. User tracking data and the communication between your website and Google is automatically encoded. It is an easy way to ensure your visitors’ safety while being on your website.
- Enhanced link attribution. Learn how website visitors navigate your website.
- and other.
Bonus fact 1:
Google Universal Analytics supports WWF’s paper-saving awareness initiative. This WordPress plugin automatically tracks WWF file downloads as events. Save as WWF, save a Tree!
* WWF is a file extension presented by World Wildlife Fund (WWF) organization. Files saved as .WWF cannot be printed.
Bonus fact 2: