Love is in the Air
February 14th – Valentine’s Day or the day of Love and Friendship. 62% of adults say they celebrate Valentine’s Day every year. The money spent for gifts during this day is rising every year and had reached the highest point in 2013.
3 Important Words
There is another, darker side of the Valentine’s Day. It’s all about 3 little words that marketers and online merchants care about the most – Return On Investment (ROI).
Valentine’s Day in 2013 – Infographic
According to Rakuten:
- Day of Love in Brazil is celebrated on 12th of June rather than 14th of February.
- In United Kingdom about 34 million dates happen during this specific day.
- 31% of Germans forget this celebration.
- In USA 367 million of dollars are spent for Valentine’s Day gifts for pets.
- Chocolate is the most popular gift in Japan.